Opportunity to Develop your Career in Concrete
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you remain calm when the pressure is on?
- Do you enjoy ensuring quality on product and service?
About the Role
If you are pondering your next career move, you will want to consider this exciting opportunity with Allied Concrete in sunny Nelson. In this role you will ensure that all the correct information is gathered from our customers, that orders are scheduled correctly, the right mix designs are batched into the computer and loaded onto our concrete trucks, the loads are all within specification to meet our rigorous safety standards and that our trucks are dispatched efficiently. You will work as part of an effective, supportive team.
You will be methodical, have an eye for detail, and be able to remain calm so that you can make effective decisions when the pressure is on. You will have great organisational and time management skills and be effective at resolving problems as they arise. Previous experience in the concrete industry is preferred but we will consider a candidate who has the ability to precisely and accurately follow a production process. You will also have:
- Solid computer skills, with a willingness to learn new computerised systems;
- A strong customer service focus, both internal and external;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- A commitment to complying with our exceptional health and safety standards; and
In addition, you will enjoy being part of a busy team, be punctual and reliable and be flexible in your working hours, which includes early morning starts.
Allied Concrete Ltd is a member of the HWR Group of companies and a leading national supplier of ready mix concrete, with an extensive network of manufacturing plants throughout NZ. The company has a significant market presence and is recognised for technical capability, operational excellence and product innovation.
Allied Concrete has a rigorous drug and alcohol policy and the successful candidate would need to pass a drug test prior to employment.