Concrete Technician - Penrose Based
A fantastic opportunity for a Concrete Technician to join the team at our Allied Concrete Ready-Mix plant in Penrose. Start as soon as possible!
We know our people are our greatest asset, we're offering you:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Free health insurance after 1 year of service
- New employee referral scheme, refer a friend and get rewarded
- Career progression opportunities in the Concrete industry
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers exceptional health and safety standards and provides professional development opportunities to ensure your skills are kept up to-date.
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a proven track record, we'd like to hear from you.
As a Concrete Technician you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our concrete meets both our own rigorous requirements and New Zealand standards. Your responsibilities will include: grading of raw materials, testing of fresh and hard concrete in accordance with NZ standards, data entry and ensuring that our quality assurance systems are maintained to our exacting standards.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a construction environment, a knowledge of concrete would be an advantage;
- A strong focus on quality, with exceptional attention to detail;
- A practical can-do attitude with good problem solving skills;
- The ability to prioritise and flexibility in your working hours, which include early morning starts;
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- A full Class 1 driver's license with a clean driving record.
We are Allied Concrete, a member of the H.W. Richardson Group of Companies and a widely recognised and highly professional, national supplier of ready-mixed concrete. With a modern fleet of over 400 trucks nationwide and strategically positioned plants throughout the country, we strive to provide the best results for our customers, and ensure our people get home safe every night. We also make a point of developing our own talent and promoting from within wherever we can.
Cement your career with Allied Concrete - apply now!
Allied Concrete is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to confirmation of employment.
Allied Concrete is an equal opportunities employer.