Customer Service/Dispatch Support
Southern Transport Co. Ltd is a subsidiary of HW Richardson Group of companies. HWR is a family-owned business proudly based in Southland and operating throughout New Zealand and Australia. Southern Transport currently operates in Bulk Cartage, Waste Removal, Heavy Haulage, Aggregate, Coal and Wood sales.
As the Customer Service/Dispatch Support, you will be the first point of contact for our customers. In addition to handling incoming phone calls, you will work closely with the Waste Dispatcher. This is a core role to ensure the smooth running of the Waste Division and requires you to be engaged, presentable and show initiative.
Hours and location:
- 8 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday
- 8 am -12 pm Saturday as required
- 3 Spey Street, Invercargill
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Answer and reply to all incoming communications
- Enter all bookings into Wastedge
- Customer queries and quotes
- Daily/weekly/monthly reporting
- Manage the Southern Transport website and online orders
- Dispatch and re-route drivers
Skills and experience:
- Attention to detail and can work autonomously
- Good communicator as part of a team and when greeting or dealing with clients
- Possess the ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise workloads
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to respond positively and effectively to staff
- Competent in taking and forwarding messages accurately and promptly
- Full Class 1 Drivers License essential
- Must be fully vaccinated
Southern Transport is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (Drug test included) as per our health and safety policy.
The successful applicant must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.