Batcher / Dispatcher - Invercargill
- Are you ready for a new challenge?
- Do you remain calm when the pressure is on?
- Good opportunity for overtime hours
About the Role
This is a great chance for you to step into a role where you need to ensure that all the correct information is gathered from our customers, that orders are scheduled correctly, the right mix designs are batched into the computer and loaded into our concrete trucks, the loads are all within specification to meet our rigorous safety standards and that our trucks are dispatched efficiently.
You will be methodical, have an eye for detail, and be able to remain calm so that you can make effective decisions when the pressure is on. You will have great organisational and time management skills and be effective at resolving problems as they arise. Previous experience in the concrete industry is preferred, but we will consider a candidate who has the ability to precisely and accurately follow a production process. You will also have:
- Solid computer skills, with a willingness to learn new computerised systems;
- A strong customer service focus, both internal and external;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and
- A commitment to complying with our exceptional health and safety standards.
You will also enjoy being part of a busy team, be punctual, reliable and flexible in your working hours, which includes early morning starts.
Allied Concrete Ltd is a member of the HWR Group of companies and a leading national supplier of ready mix concrete, with an extensive network of manufacturing plants throughout NZ. The company has a significant market presence and is recognised for technical capability, operational excellence and product innovation.
HWR has a rigorous drug and alcohol policy, and the successful candidate would need to pass a drug test prior to employment.