Business Intelligence Analyst
HW Richardson Group is a leader in their field and has a wide range of products, services and solutions to look after their customers. The company look after and support their staff in future training and development.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating business needs to technical specifications
- Ensure high levels of data accuracy and integrity.
- Develop, implement, and maintain innovative self-service Power BI dashboards and reporting.
- Identify and enact upon process improvement opportunities.
- Design and develop data warehousing and ETL processes.
- Lead, co-ordinate and action Business Intelligence projects to successful completion.
This role can be based in Invercargill or Christchurch.
You will have:
As well as having 5+ years' experience, you will also have:
- Experience with advising and delivering solutions on Azure data and analytics platforms, and some of the more traditional Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS (including tabular models) would be a plus
- Solid experience using Power BI (including Power Query, DAX)
- Strong background in cloud data and analytics platform architectures, data architectures (data lakes, data vault, dimensional modelling, etc.) and SQL-based software development (covering ETL/ELT and model development) would be a plus
- Industry experience is preferred
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-Motivated and confident
Despite the current lockdowns, we are going to be continuing with the recruitment for this role and will perform interviews via phone/zoom if required.