Ready to join a leading company? Looking for a role that develops your Civil Construction skills?
- Tight-knit, passionate, hard-working team environment.
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Local company, local people!
SouthRoads Ltd is a progressive civil construction contractor, with strong Southland and Otago roots. We are proud to support local communities and run one of the most modern and reliable construction fleets in New Zealand. As part of the HW Richardson Group we hold true to the values of family, friendship, and fair dealings.
We are currently looking for a skilled Excavator Foreperson to join our team in Oamaru.
The role will involve installing culverts, road pavement digouts, kerb and channel replacement, and other construction activities based on tendered work for the local District Council and private clients.
Ideally, you will have 3+ years of experience in a similar role, and experience being responsible for people and plant operations. What we are really looking for is a hardworking, 'can-do' attitude, and someone who is willing to get stuck in and get the job done. You'll be happy working in a team environment as well as without supervision.
The people we are looking for should:
- have previous experience in the civil contracting industry
- have a Class 2 or 4 licence, with WTR endorsements
- be able to look after and maintain plant and machinery
- be tidy, energetic, and enthusiastic, with good communication skills
- the ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
At SouthRoads, we take great pride in the quality and safety of our work. We are also proud of our people and have a history of developing employees - advancing skills, experience and career potential.
To further your career with a great team and a company committed to your development apply now.