Civil Construction Surveyor
SouthRoads are a specialist civil construction and maintenance company involved in the development of commercial and residential sites, road maintenance and construction, bridging, and other general contracting activities. A subsidiary of the HW Richardson Group of companies, SouthRoads undertake works throughout the lower South Island for a variety of clients, employing over 300 staff, utilising over 650 items of specialist construction equipment.
A new exciting opportunity has been established for a skilled Surveyor/Project Manager with a leading Civil Construction Company.
A Survey Technician or non-registered Surveyor would be fine for this role. We are looking for a set of skills in driving accuracy and productivity through supporting our Contract Managers and field staff in site set-outs, heights, and survey control. You will be working on projects ranging from earthworks, roading, underground services & drainage, to bridges and other civil structures.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Contract Managers and site personnel with general site needs including set outs, heights, and survey control
- Primary responsible for the use and maintenance of our survey equipment. Plus be engaged in the new technology in how it can be used to improve quality and productivity
- Set up & calibrate equipment and instruments on-site, including machine control on GPS machines as required
- Assist with producing accurate plans, including topographical surveys, etc
- A business leader and champion of driving continuous improvement utilizing surveying services
- Engineering designs, drawings, and as-builts as required
- Undertake other civil engineering work and assist other divisions as required
Ideally we are looking for:
You'll either be at the early stages of your career with at least 3 years' experience and exposure to civil, infrastructure, and commercial projects with an appetite to gain more experience on a range of projects. You will have a good understanding of construction methodologies.
You will also have:
- Ideally a qualification in Civil engineering/ surveying or similar
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Experienced and knowledgeable of civil engineering
- Ability to influence and leadership skills
- Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Can relate well to staff across all levels and train accordingly
- Growth mindset
You will be working as a part of a small team, continually focused on Business Improvement and implementing technology across our business. At SouthRoads, we take great pride in the quality and safety of our work. We are also proud of our people and have a history of developing employees - advancing skills, experience, and career potential. To further your career with a great team and a company committed to your development apply now