Batcher / Dispatcher - Nelson
Allied Concrete is a leading national supplier of concrete and part of the HW Richardson Group of Companies. We have an extensive network of manufacturing plants throughout New Zealand and have the capacity to deliver on a range of projects from residential to commercial and infrastructure.
An opportunity has arisen for a Batcher / Dispatcher at our Nelson Plant.
The position will require the following duties: taking and tracking orders, scheduling deliveries, accurately batching quality concrete, managing raw material, plant safety, staff organisation, and environmental compliance and quality control matters and procedures.
To be considered for this role you will need to be:
- Sales and customer-focused with great communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Competent with and have experience with basic computer software packages
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- Positive, with a practical, can-do attitude
- Flexible in your working hours
- Skilled at organising staff
- Committed to the highest levels of health and safety
While previous industry experience may be an advantage, it is not essential as on the job training will be given to the successful candidate.
Opportunities to learn new skills and take on more challenging roles are very real and expected. If you are interested in a long term career then this may be the industry for you.
Allied Concrete is committed to providing a safe and drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to confirmation of employment.