Do you have experience in the Construction Industry and a passion for quality control?
If you are a real team player, with an excellent work ethic and a health & safety focus, we want you!
- Two positions available, based at our Penrose & Avondale locations
- Professional development opportunities
- Full uniform & all PPE provided
Allied Concrete Ltd is a leading national supplier of concrete and part of the HW Richardson Group of Companies. Allied Concrete specialises in the production of ready-mix concrete, with 54 plants nationwide.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers exceptional health and safety standards and provides professional development opportunities to ensure your skills are kept up-to-date.
An exciting opportunity has become available for Concrete Laboratory Technicians to join our teams in Penrose and Avondale.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our concrete meets both our own rigorous requirements and NZ standards.
Key Tasks will include:
- Regular grading and evaluation of raw materials
- Testing of fresh and hard concrete in accordance with NZ standards
- Entry of data into our specific quality assurance program
- Ensuring that our quality assurance systems are maintained to our exacting standards
- Soliciting feedback from our customers regarding quality
This position is ideally suited to a candidate who has:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Construction Environment (a knowledge of concrete would be advantageous)
- A strong focus on quality with exceptional attention to detail
- A practical can-do attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to prioritise
- Flexibility with working hours
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- A full Class 1 driver's licence with a clean driving record
You will also have a great team spirit, excellent organisational and time management skills and be able to remain calm when under pressure. In addition, you will be committed to complying with our exceptional health & safety standards.
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a proven track record, we'd like to hear from you.
Allied Concrete is committed to providing a safe and drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to confirmation of employment.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Allied Concrete is an equal opportunities employer.