Class 2 Driver / Assistant Yardperson
- Minimum licence requirement - class 2L
- Great opportunity to progress from class 2 to class 4
- This role is a combination of driving and assistance with general yard duties
Allied Concrete Ltd is a leading national supplier of concrete and part of the HW Richardson Group of Companies. We have an extensive network of manufacturing plants throughout NZ and have the capacity to deliver on a range of projects from residential to commercial & infrastructure.
We are seeking an additional Driver with a 2L or full class 2 licence to drive our mini mixer and to provide assistance in our yard.
You will be delivering ready mix concrete to residential and commercial sites in the Canterbury area and assisting with yard work that could include adding fibre and additives to loads, general housekeeping of the yard, assisting with slumping and other operational tasks, etc. This is a great opportunity for you to move into a role that allows you to progress on-the-job to a full class 4 licence with the assistance of our in-house driver trainers.
To be considered, you will need:
- A class 2L or class 2 licence with a clean driving record
- To be flexible in your working hours, which includes early morning starts, and also in your daily tasks
- To be physically fit and willing and able to lift up to 20 kg
- To be customer focussed with good communication skills
- A strong safety ethic
Previous experience with a road ranger gearbox would be an advantage but is not essential as full training can be provided. Full uniform and PPE gear are also supplied. An OSH forklift certificate would be a distinct advantage.
Allied Concrete has a rigorous drug and alcohol policy and the successful candidate would need to pass a drug test and medical prior to employment.