Maintenance Operations Manager
Take charge in this leadership position at SouthRoads!
- Plenty of variety
- Strong brand and team to support you
- Competitive salary and remuneration package
A subsidiary of the HW Richardson Group of companies, SouthRoads are a specialist civil construction and maintenance company involved in the development of commercial and residential sites, road maintenance and construction, bridging, and other general contracting activities. Undertaking works throughout the lower South Island for a variety of clients, we employ over 300 staff.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Operations Manager to step up, lead, direct and supervise our Field Crews on our Roading Maintenance Contract and Construction projects.
The key part of this role is that you need to be able to identify repair work that is needed and assess what level of intervention is required. You will be a strong communicator, with the ability to liaise with the client on the repair method and when it will be completed. You will also need to provide problem solving, leadership and direction to the field crews on the best option for carrying out effective repairs, and be able to ensure the job gets completed safely, on time and to a high quality.
We are looking for some who has the following skills;
- 5yrs+ Experience in the Civil/Roading industry with both practical and management experience preferred
- Full driver's license is essential and Class 2 preferred
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug test are essential
- You must be available to attend and liaise after hours call outs (the contract is 24/7)
- Be able to use a computer and tablet (Email, RAMM, MS Office Suite, Databases)
- Someone who can keep cool under pressure and juggle multiple jobs
- High standard of work ethics and good knowledge of industry standards
- Civil Tertiary qualification would be a bonus
In return for your skills we are offering a competitive salary and of course a great chance to join an enthusiastic team of people who a passionate about the services we provide. We offer career development, training and support for people who want to excel in their career.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!